Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24th Update

Hey All,

I wanted to post a late July progress update.  I've been waiting on tooling to properly proceed with the framelock build, but the first knife's handle is roughly half done.  Once the processes are all worked out, I should be able to mill the knives at a fairly good clip.

With regards to the Orions, I'm nearly done with the run of knives.  I have enough parts for five more knives and then the model will be sold out.  I can definitively say it's not a style of knife (that is to say, the balisong) I will be revisiting in the future.

Service-wise, I've made a point to start doing same-day shipping on all items.  I truly appreciate every person who does business with me, to that end I want to offer the fastest and most accurate service I possibly can.  To all my new, existing and returning customers, thank you so much for your business and for letting me earn your trust and support, it means the world to me.

Lastly I do have some bad news: last night my girlfriend suffered a brain aneurism and is currently being hospitalized.  There's bleeding on the surface of her brain, reason currently unknown.  While I've made a conscious commitment to speed up delivery of custom work, my first priority right now is my girlfriend's wellbeing.  I've already notified those customers who may be affected, it shouldn't add any more than a couple days to the timeframes I've given, but regardless I wanted to make it known.

-Will