Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 2012 Update

Hey all,

I recently decided to temporarily suspend production at Moon Custom Knives in order to take some time off to perfect and hone some of my skills as a knifemaker.  I travel often for non-knife related activities, as such I will be seeking knowledge and information from many well established makers around the country to make the best of my time, hopefully learning a little more about knife making while I'm at it.  Until now I have been entirly self taught, so this is a huge step for me.  I'm not ending my stint as a knife maker, but I won't be producing knives for sale until I feel comfortable I can offer a truly superior product, one capable of going neck and neck with the best names in the business.  The end game goal for me is to produce the very best knife I can, and to that end I'm taking my time with product and skill development to make sure my knives are the maximal apex of quality.

Likewise part of the decision to suspend production comes on the back of an almost month long barrage of online harassment from several members of the knife community, which has damaged not only my business, but more importantly my relationship with my girlfriend who I love very much.  I made the decision to suspend production in order to minimize external stressors for the time being and hopefully spend a little more time with the people I love.

With regards to warranty and repair work, bear in mind this is not a total termination of services.  I will still be honoring my lifetime transferable warranty that comes with all of my knives.  Even if you get one of my knives on the secondary market, if you are dissatisfied please contact me and I will take care of you, just like any good knife maker should.  I try very hard to make sure every one of my customers and every owner of my knives is happy with their cutlery.

With that said, I want to say that I know how hard money is to come by these days, it's a tough economy and it's tough to justify spending money on knives.  I have to extend a huge "Thank You" to every one of my customers, people who support me and friends in the community.  I wouldn't be doing what I do without you all, and I truly appreciate it.

-Will