Sunday, July 8, 2012

Addressing NIB Sharpness Issues

Hey All,

So it's been brought to my attention that some of the first couple Orions were shipped with less than perfect edges, edges which folks haven't been happy with for one reason or another.  In an effort to attain maximal quality in my knives, I took the comments and suggestions from these customers regarding my edges to heart and went back to the drawing board on how I edge my knives.  It's true, being a self taught knife maker, I had some basic deficiencies in my skills, so I spent some time learning to sharpen better, practicing my technique over the past several weeks and I believe I'm now to the point where all of the Orions and all future knives leaving Moon Custom Knives will have a satisfactory edge.

But it's not enough to just say "I'm where I want to be".  There are a lot of Orions out there in private hands right now, more than two thirds of the knives are sold.  If you feel you have an Orion with a dissatisfactory edge, please feel free to contact me and I will reedge the knife for free.  I'll even pay your shipping costs.  My number one priority as a knife maker has always been and will always be the satisfaction of my customers.  This is part of my ongoing aim to produce the best quality knife I possibly can, a commitment which I will not break.  I do apologize to those who were dissatisfied with the edge on their knives, all I ask is a chance to correct any and all mistakes and I will do everything in my power to do so in a precise and timely manner.  To all those who have an Orion, thanks for your business, I truly appreciate it!

-Will