Friday, August 17, 2012

Non-knife Customization: Kassa Fabrication Mass Effect Rifle Case

Hey all,

I wanted to post a non-knife related project up and show off some work I did customizing something a little different.  Those of you who know me personally probably know I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, likewise I'm also really into guns.  Recently I bought a couple of Pelican 1700's and me being me, couldn't not customize the cases and make them my own.  I laid out some custom Kassa Fabrication stencils using some painters tape (fans of the Mass Effect series will recognize the weapons manufacturer) and went to town with the airbrush and some enamel paints.  I used Sunburst Orange and Dark Metal Grey from Boyd and Model Masters respectively, and cut them with a quarter by volume laquer thinner for a matte finish.  The results speak for themselves, now this Pelican 1700 is ready for action.

-Will