Wednesday, August 29, 2012

C-Tek Emerson Persian

Hey All,

I mentioned a few days ago that I'd been working with the new C-Tek material, and I wanted to show off some of the fruits of a very long and arduous struggle to find out how to best finish the stuff.  I found that, like some others who are starting to work with C-Tek, the material deforms easily with heat, as such normal Alox belts simply won't be usable for working with the material.  My best results came from using 36 grit Blaze cermanic belts to profile and rough contour the material, then I finished contouring with a 120 grit Blaze ceramic belt and hand sanded to a matte finish up to 300 grit.  This produces a nice satin, non reflective finish that really shows off the depth of the resin and highlights the aluminum honeycomb.  I think the results speak for themselves:






-Will