Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knife Archive: Customized Skirmish Number 3

I wanted to post up some of my previous work for posterities sake, and one of the first knives that really hit the business off for me was this particular customized Skirmish.  Number 3 started as a limited edition 630 Skirmish that had some pocket wear but had never seen any cutting.  I essentially cannibalized the frame but left the blade untouched, building a knife that was lightweight and slim in the pocket yet looked truly custom.

While this was built before I started doing overlay, this particular knife represented the pinnacle of what I was doing at the time as a maker.  The frame was stonewashed and then jeweled for an amazing luster that will last ages and not show scratches.  Additionally, I added two extra rows of gold anodized dimples on the nonlocking side and blue accents on the locking side.  The inside of the frame was jeweled to match the out for a truly fancy look.  I used a parkerized pocket clip to match the black blade and the knife was done. Killer looks, killer function, what more could you ask for?

This knife is sold, but it should give you some idea of the work I've done in the past.