Sunday, February 27, 2011

Guide: Pricing information, 2/27/2011

I wanted to post a quick guide to my prices as of 2/27/2011 so folks can calculate out roughly the cost of modification on knives to better educate themselves on if they want to have a piece customized by me.   While I may or may not follow this rough rubric for all my knives (some knives are especially hard to work with and may cost a little more), this should give you some idea of what I cost and what to expect on the bottom line:

 

-Small Knives: 75$ base fee includes all handle mods short of fabrication of overlay or handle scales.  This is for knives under 4 inches in folded length that you want jeweled, bead blasted, satin finished, anodized, drill work done on or sculpted.

-Large Knives: 85$ base fee includes the same as above.  Larger knives have more surface area and thus take a little longer to work on.

-Balisongs: 95$ base fee includes the same as above.  Balisong knives are a royal PITA to work on because of the surface area of the handles, number of screws that go into them and their general construction.  However they're some of the funnest and coolest looking customized knives that I offer.




Fabrication fees:

-Custom made backspacers: 35-65$ depending on material.  Additional charges may apply if you're using overly exotic materials like damascus steel.  For reference I charge 35$ for G10, 45$ for MoonGlow and silver twill G10 and 65$ for Titanium.

-Custom made overlay scales: 50-90$ depending on material.  Again, if it's an exotic material it may cost more.  For reference, 50$ covers G10, 75$ covers silver twill G10 and MoonGlow and 90$ covers Titanium.

-Custom pocket clips: standard 3 hole clips- 15$.  Nonstandard clips-30$.  All pocket clips are made of 6Al4V titanium and anodized to your specification.

*Note: I do not work with Carbon Fiber.  It is extremely carcinogenic and causes cancer.  Due to existing health concerns, I do not work with any kinds of carbon fiber.

Insured domestic shipping is included in my base price.  International customers please add 30$ to cover express insured mail.  I do not ship USPS overseas as they cannot track their packages properly.