Thursday, October 11, 2012

Moon Integral October Update

Hey All,

   I wanted to post a quick update to the Integral Framelocks.  Unfortunatly scheduling conflicts and some tooling issues have arisin that have caused some delays and setbacks in the production schedule, but we're still moving toward having a finished product by the beginning of the holiday season.  One thing I want to reiterate is that these knives will not leave the shop unless they are absolutly perfect in every respect; I had some issues with the initial offering of the Orion balisongs, which by now are squared away, but I want these to be as good as they can be straight from the gate.  Likewise I've been getting daily inquiries as to the price of the knives.  The Integrals will be priced somewhere around a grand owing to the extreme amount of labor, machining, fitting and materials involved in each knife.  At the end of the day I have to keep the lights, so there's not much I can do on that front.
   However I will be introducing a more affordable liner lock alternative for the folks who don't want to shell out such a large amount of money, which will be about half the cost of the Integrals.  It will still be handmade, however it will not require the use of a billet of titanium and weekend's worth of milling time.  Please check the Blog for more updates on the liner locks in the coming months.
   Lastly but certainly not least I wanted to thank all of my customers, friends and supporters all around the work, without you I can't make these kinds of projects happen.  Thank you!

  -Will