Saturday, March 5, 2011

Previous work: Balisong Mods

So it's no secret that my customized Bali's are incredibly popular, and by far the most popular model that comes through my shop is the Bradley Mayhem.  The Mayhem is a great knife with premium materials- an S30V blade, titanium handles, anodized aluminum spacers and a really great classy design- but it lacks certain aesthetic design elements that a lot of folks like in their knives.  People like to personalize their stuff, and the knife is a reflection of the individual who owns and in this case flips it.

I began customizing knives around a year ago, and right away I was working on the Mayhem.  It's always been one of my favorite knives to work on despite the fact that it takes significantly more time to work on than other knife designs because of how many screws it has as well as how much surface area it has.  That said, I've customized many a Mayhem, and I wanted to show some of the highlights.