Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The First Moon Mk12 Heading Out!

Hey all,

  It's been a long and tough journey going from concept to completion but I finally have the first Mark 12 ready and heading out the door.  I'd like to take a quick moment to thank all of my supporters, friends, cohorts, subs on Youtube and everyone else who's taken time out of their lives to send notes and emails of positivity, leave comments, invested in my brand and made this all possible.  I cannot express my gratitude enough, your support for Will Moon Custom Knives not only goes to helping a startup small business, but also helps me pay for my education.  Thank you all!

  So without further noise, here's some hastily snapped photographs of the first Moon Mk12.  


This knife has a two-tone blade and frame.  The blade is my Lum style tanto grind, which has a polished near zero ground tip.  The bevels are all mirror polished with satin flats, and the blade is crowned.  The blade features drilled and milled gimping, which is very grippy.  Inside the knife I have a thrust bearing system, this is the first integral in the world to utilize ball bearings in the pivot.


When closed, the blade centers nicely due to the use of a dual detent system that automatically centers the blade.  The under-side of the knife and the spine are both crowned to match the blade.  This rounding really helps to make the knife more comfortable in the pocket and in the hand.  Comfort is really key in my book.


On the rear of the knife I have my overtravel stop and billet titanium pocket clip.  These are both custom made for this knife.  The pocket clip is keyed and attaches with two 4-40 screws.  I chose to use flat head screws in this particular knife, but I also have titanium Torx screws that will be available as an upgrade.  The pocket clip has a matching texture and finish to the milling on the non-locking side of the  frame, which aids in gripping the knife and extracting it from the pocket.  Additionally, not shown is my lanyard hole which is located on the spine of the knife.  Due to the angle of the lanyard hole and its placement, it allows me to attach the pocket clip further back for deeper carry in the pocket.


This knife sold in only a few minutes, but I have more on the way. If you're interested in getting a Mk12, please email me at willmooncustomknives@gmail.com.

-Will