Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas and Other Updates!

Hey All,

  I wanted to post a quick Merry Christmas.  Please keep safe and warm this holiday season.  I think this is a season for reflecting on the things that really matter- family, friends, loved ones- and for reflecting on the life and deeds of Jesus Christ.  Each day we should seek to be better people than we were yesterday, and seek to love one another in the same way.  Please have a very Merry Christmas!

  A couple more updates while I'm at it!  I'm building Mk12's as fast as possible, but naturally demand currently far outstrips supply.  For the folks who are very patiently bearing with me, I'll have another batch up for sale soon, which will include the new harpoon lum and drop point shapes and the wharncliffe shape.  I spent a bit of time grinding the latter yesterday, and I'm really loving how they're coming out.  These blades will also have new inlays into the blade flats for a little extra accent.

  I've created an updated logo for the business, which I'll link below.  I wanted something simple, but also something that communicated what Will Moon Custom Knives is all about.  I chose the latin phrase "Sic Itur Ad Astra", a line from the Aeneid meaning "You Shall Go to the Stars" for our motto, which I really think captures what I try to do.  I try to design space-age kit and gear, stuff that looks and feels futuristic that would be at home in space.  It also certainly connotes a certain degree of indestructibility for those privy to the Virgil reference.

  Lastly, the Mk6's are going into initial prototyping stages this week.  This is our new bolster-lock design, which will be a bit more affordable than the integrals.  I realize that spending a thousand dollars on a pocket knife is simply unassailable for a lot of folks, so the Mk6 will be a much more afforable, yet still awesome and feature rich version of the Mk12 built as a non-integral bolster-lock.  I hope to have the knives prototyped and into production by the end of January at the very latest.

  That wraps it up folks, thanks for all the support this year, and I look forward to another great year in 2013!  Stay safe, stay warm, and stay sharp!

 -Will